This FAQ document will be updated throughout the semester.
Is STAT 432 online?
- STAT 432 will be online in Fall 2020.
- If the semester is “normal” and COVID-19 is no longer an issue, office hours will be in person and exams will be in the CBTF. (With possible changes based on guidance from the University.) Everything else will be online.
- If we have another COVID semester, fully online of course.
What programming language is used in STAT 432?
- R. Students will be required to use R to complete assignments.
I can’t register, what should I do?
- First, know that as an instructor, I (David) have no control over the registration for the course.
- Second, see here: https://stat.illinois.edu/fall-2020-registration-information
- If you are a student that is restricted from registering until the first week of instruction, you are welcome to follow along at the course website: https://stat432.org.
- Plan to follow along and complete the assignments, however, doing so does not guarantee registration. It simply makes adding the course an easier transition if a seat becomes available.
- While being unregistered, you will be able to complete all assignments before Exam I which will be quizzes in the PrairieLearn system.
- Third, know that it does not matter if you register for STAT 432 or ASRM 451. (If you have a STAT 432 requirement, ASRM 451 will satisfy that requirement, and vice versa.) Be sure to keep an eye on both courses.
- Lastly, pay no attention to any numbers associated with enrollment. You can either register or not. Do not try to interpret the numbers you see.
I’ve never programmed before, can I register for STAT 432?
I’ve never programmed in R before, can I register for STAT 432?
- Yes, but be willing to put in a lot of additional time.